IT Industry in India is divided into 2 major sectors :
- IT Services.
- BPO – Business Process Outsourcing
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has started a campaign called as Digital India to boost this industry and take it to more higher levels.
New Infographic released from Government says :
- IT Sector accounts for 38% of the total Indian Exports.
- IT Services exports are worth $55 Billion.
- The BPM Service exports are worth $20 Billion.
- 640 ODCS ( Offshore Development Centers ) across around 78 countries.
- Hardware exports are $ 0.4 Billion.
- IT Industry has more than 1500 firms.
- India is the 9th largest start-up hub in the world.
- With 3.5 Billion jobs, IT-BPM industry is the largest Private Sector Employer.
Source : @_DigitalIndia