National Institute of Electronics and Informational Technology provides the following Courses and Training Programs under Digital India Scheme :
Awareness in Computer Concepts (ACC)
This program will help people to get the Awareness in Computer Concepts (ACC), to acquire the basic knowledge on computer & its usage by understanding the following skills:
- How to operate the elements of a computer
- Perform operations on the computer
- Access the Internet and finding information of interest
- Register for a web-based e-mail account and using it, Opening of e-mail attachments
- Understanding Financial Literacy
- Digital Literacy to understand the concept of Online Banking
- Create, edit and format documents using a word processor
- The module on financial literacy will enable the individuals to understand the various financial services and be aware of the various schemes of Government of India.
Basic Computer Course (BCC)
The objective of the course is to impart basic level computer appreciation programme with more emphasis on hands on training. Initially, the course was conceived as to boost the concept of introducing a course on computer fundamentals, especially for students, studying vocational courses at ITIs/ITCs.
After completing the course the incumbent will be computer literate and will be able to:
- Acquire confidence in using computer techniques available to users
- Recognise the basic components of computers and terminology
- Understand data, information and file management
- Create documents using Word processor, Spreadsheet, Presentation Software
- Understand computer networks, Internet
- Browse the internet, content search, email and collaborate with peers
- Use e-Governance applications
- Use computer to improve existing skills and learn new skills.
Course on Computer Concepts (CCC)
After completing the course the incumbent should be able to the use the computer for basic purposes of preparing his personnel/business letters, viewing information on internet (the web), receiving and sending mails, preparing his business presentations, preparing small databases etc. This helps the small business communities, housewives, etc. to maintain their small accounts using the computers and enjoy in the world of Information Technology. This course is, therefore, designed to be more practical oriented.
Course on Computer Concepts (CCC Plus)
It is designed not only educate an individual with the basic skill set but also enhances the ability of individual to easily grasp the new changes in the dynamic IT field. The course is aimed at skill development in masses, students, employees in professional sectors
at middle level. The course may also be considered as an ideal course for re-skilling of an individual and
After going through the course, an individual is expected to be equipped
with not only the office automation skills but also with the understanding of the latest technologies and
The module on financial literacy will enable the individuals to understand the various financial services
and be aware of the various schemes of Government of India.
Expert Computer Course (ECC)
The focus of the course is divided amongst the following four dimensions:
1. Understanding Computer Hardware, Software and its maintenance
2. Office Automation – Disposal of daily routine jobs using Office Automation Tools
3. Exploring the wide world of Internet and latest technologies in online services and e-Gov
4. Personality development with communication skills
The course emphasizes on skill development and latest advancements in the technological world that
will help an individual to build up and upgrade skills thereby closing the technological gaps.
The module on financial literacy will enable the individuals to understand the various financial services and be aware of the various schemes of Government of India.