URJA : URBAN JYOTI ABHIYAAN
Enhancing Consumer Connect through Urja, is an Informative App for Urban Distribution Sector.
Power Finance Corporation, the Nodal Agency for Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) for Urban Distribution Sector, under the aegis of Ministry of Power, dedicates URJA App to the Nation –Consumers and Discoms.
Urja App captures Consumer centric parameters from the IT systems created under IPDS covering 1222 towns across the country. The towns are ranked based on the monthly performance on following parameters:
- Consumer complaints redressal
- Release of new service connection
- Average number of interruptions
- Average duration of interruptions
- Number of consumers making e-payments
- Energy lost / power theft i.e. AT&C loss
The information of these towns is aggregated to derive the Discom wise and State wise ranking on above parameter. The aim is to generate a sense of positive competition and sharing of best practices.