According to Studies, Third Largest Tech Startup Hub in the World is India
In a recent research done by Assocham Study with Thought Arbitrage Research Institute found that the India is the third largest tech startup hub in the world.
As per the Assocham study, Bangalore share the highest amount of contribution, while Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Chennai and Hyderabad follow.
Highlights of the Research :
- In this countdown of the most number of startups, USA is on top with more than 47,000 and UK is on second with 4500.
- India is on third with around 4200 tech startups in the year 2015.
- India holds fifth largest place with China’s 10,000 startups when counted both tech and non tech startups.
- On the top is USA with 83,000 startups.
- Bangalore/Bengaluru hosts around 26% of startups, Delhi 23%, Mumbai 17%, Hyderabad 6% and Chennai 8%.
Number of startups are growing on a daily basis in India as per the report. It is also needed to spread awareness of the rapid growth in startups for increasing the contribution to the economy.
Startup culture can also be boosted within the campus and to attract more youth, tax exemptions can be made.